Who doesn’t love avocado toast? There seem to be countless variations of this instaworthy darling of the brunch scene. As cute as it is, whenever I would make avocado toast the bread would either get super soggy, or I would have to use a thick, dense piece of bread – not exactly #healthgoals.
The solution? Use a slice baked potato as your “bread.” Total game changer. The potato stands up well to the avocado and whatever other toppings you use. And, as a real food, is gluten and grain free.
This avocado “toast” is easy to assemble, healthy and delicious. We love having it for breakfast on the weekends – one potato makes four perfect slices of “toast.”
One organic russet potato
Extra virgin olive oil
Optional : pico de gallo, tajin
- Preheat oven to 400
- Cut russet potato lengthwise into four slices
- Coat with olive oil, season with salt and pepper
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, flip, and bake another 10 minutes – you may have to adjust baking time depending on the thickness of your potato slices. Just make sure that they are cooked through and slightly crispy.
- Top each potato slice with a quarter of avocado.
- Add whatever toppings you’d like – I like pico de gallo from Trader Joe’s, a dash of tajin seasoning and another drizzle of olive oil.
I hope you enjoyed this super easy gluten free avocado “toast” recipe! Leave a comment below and let me know!